in Lorton, Va
Timeless Styles and the Finest Designs in Lorton, VA
Custom Ceramic Tiles for your Home
Ceramics have had a place in arts and design for almost as long as people have been around to use them. Ancient Egyptians used them to recognize highly valued people, for example, and such tiles have long been creative additions to buildings because of their durability under harsh light, heat, and weather. Ceramic tiles are still made from clay, water, natural sands, and minerals formed through harsh heat, too, and are excellent options for kitchen and bathroom design projects — among others — to this day.
Benefits of Ceramic Tiles
Compared to other options, ceramic tile is one of the most durable options for custom flooring or backsplashes because the surfaces are often painted with or dipped in various colors or patterns for unique, eye-catching, personalized displays. They can either be mass produced or hand painted by artisans who make each one special for a project.
Design tips for Ceramic Tiles
Homeowners looking for more than a standard floor or backsplash tile may want to consider ceramic tiles for an added focal point in their designs. The tiles can be mixed and matched with plain ones to tone down an aesthetic, or paired with others for continuous and exciting patterns.
Colors & Patterns
Care Tips for Ceramic Tiles
Ceramic tiles are a lot like other tiles in that they are largely designed to be impermeable to liquids and other stain-causing substances.
- Since liquids don’t settle or soak in, ceramic tiles are incredibly easy to clean.
- This also makes them an extremely hygienic option for flooring.
- You can wipe or vacuum most dirt away without worrying that bacteria or allergens are sticking around.
- Ceramic tile is extremely durable, but using harsh chemical-based cleaners often can damage the sealant and glaze.
- Washing the tile with soap and warm water can help remove any dirt or grime.
- Sweeping or vacuuming can help preserve the quality of the tile.
Be gentle with your ceramic tiles and they’ll last for decades with the same fun, eye-catching look as the day they were laid.
Ready to See If Ceramic Tiles Might Be Right for Your Project?
If you’re looking for a tile that can offer both charm and durability, ceramic tiles might be a great option for your home renovation project. Contact A&S Home Interiors today to speak with an expert about all of our ceramic tile options and for help determining if it’s the right kind of tile for your needs.