Custom Natural Stone, Engineered Quartz & Wood Countertops
Our custom kitchen and bath countertop selections primarily include: granite, marble, limestone, quartzite, engineered stone, and porcelain surfaces, giving you the multiple design and price options you want. We also carry a selection of butcher block and wood countertop options.
Natural stone is truly an affordable luxury. Innovative advancements in quarrying and fabrication keep natural stone competitively priced. No other material comes close to its long-lasting beauty, complexity, and character. The most common types available are Granite, Quartzite, Marble, Limestone, Soapstone and Slate. Granite and Quartzite being the ideal choice for kitchen countertops since they are both highly resistant to heat, scratching, cracking and staining so daily activities pose no problem.
Or simply put “Quartz”, offers the ultimate combination of form and function, allowing for a durable and practical surfacing material for busy families. Available in a multitude of colors, nonporous, highly stain, crack, scratch, chemical, and heat-resistant, Quartz is the ideal choice for carefree kitchen countertops, bathroom vanities, table tops, and much, much more. We are proud to work with the leading brand names in the industry including Silestone, Caesarstone, Corian Quartz and Cambria.
Butcher Block Tops
Grothouse wood countertops and solid wood surfaces are crafted from a virtual forest of wood choices and an array of edge profiles, and design options. Butcher block countertops are sealed with Grothouse Original Oil™ finish and perfect for an aesthetic and functional food preparation surface. The exclusive Durata® Finish assures a protective waterproof surface for wood tops. All items are custom made in the USA by master craftsmen.Learn More
Our 5-Step Countertop Ordering Process
We stick to our 5-Step process to ensure that your project is done in a swift, but seamless manner. This consistency means you always stay informed on what is next, have consistent input throughout the project, and have the peace of mind that you will get the final product that you are looking for at the highest quality.
Stage 1: Receive a Free Estimate for Custom Countertops
- Fill out our Online Estimate Form.
- Bring in, email, or fax a simple hand drawing or a detailed plan of your project and we’ll give you a free preliminary quote.
Stage 2: Material SelectionStop by our slab Showroom and browse our selection of beautiful stones. Hand-select the stone of your choice with help from A&S in-store consultants.
- We recommend bringing paint chips, fabric swatches, flooring and most importantly, cabinet samples to assist you in choosing your stone.
- We carry a wide selection of colors, patterns, and materials. Here you can see full slabs, not just the tiny samples you’d see in home improvement centers.
Please Note: For certain stone selections, A&S does not reserve specific individual slabs, but reserves slabs from a specific lot or block of stone. The front slab represents the nature and characteristics of the entire bundle of slabs behind it. Each slab is cut from a large block and packaged in bundles (you can think of it as similar to slices in a block of Swiss cheese).
Stage 3: Measurement
We will come to your home and create an exact, full-size pattern and/or drawing of your new counters, clearly showing seams, cutouts, edges, backsplashes, radii, faucet holes, etc. This template will then be used to create your new countertops from the material you chose.
- Unless otherwise noted, all estimates include the cost of an on-site measurement.
- Templating/measuring takes place once cabinets or framing material is fully installed, level, and permanently in place.
- All plumbing fixtures and appliance information must be available.
- Someone of authority (homeowner, designer, or contractor) must review & sign all templates before fabrication will begin.
- Failure to inspect and sign the templates waives the buyer’s right to contest the design and final project form.
- A 50% deposit is due before any on-site measurements are schedule. All deposits are non-refundable once fabrication begins.
- Final project costs are determined by the A&S approved templates or measurements.
Stage 4: Fabrication
Fabrication can begin once all templates and drawings have been approved, all fixture information has been provided and the material color has been selected. Typically, we provide a 5-7 day turnaround from the time of templating to final installation as long as no unforeseen complications arise.
Stage 5: Installation
The majority of home installation jobs range from 2-8 hours. While any project involves some dust, installation is fairly painless because most of the cutting and polishing is done in our plant and not in your home.
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed! Your satisfaction with the finished job is very important. The lead installer will review the installation with you, answer any questions you may have and collect payment of the final balance due upon your approval. All work A&S performs is custom from start to finish and we strive to ensure your complete satisfaction.
Please Note: On the day of installation please create a clear path through the home for easy access to the installation area. Move all breakables, such as lamps, vases, antiques or other valuables from areas affected by installation work.